Master of Finance (Corporate Finance) [Part-time] (Programme code: 21050-MCF)
|The programme has been included in the list of reimbursable courses for Continuing Education Fund (CEF) purposes.|
On completion of the Master of Finance (Corporate Finance) (MoF-MCF) programme, graduates will be able to:
- apply conceptual frameworks drawn from Accounting, Risk Management, Economics, Quantitative Method, Business Ethics and Law to the analysis of investment and corporate finance issues.
- solve asset management/corporate finance problems as they present themselves in real-life situations.
- formulate financial strategies and envision their outcomes.
- The curriculum integrates theory and practice with emphasis on local applications.
- Professional Development Lectures given by prominent practitioners provide students with updated industry information;
- Possible exit point with Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Finance for students who have completed six Year One compulsory subjects.
The normal duration of study is 2 years with a maximum study period of 4 years.
Current students can refer to the Definitive Programme Document for more details of the programme.
Local students: The tuition fee is HK$185,400 per programme (36 credits)
Non-local students : The tuition fee is HK$248,400 per programme (36 credits)
Scholarships will be awarded to applicants with outstanding qualifications.
From late September to April of each year. Please refer to Study@PolyU website for the application deadlines of individual programmes.
For further information, please contact:
|Ms Helen Ng||Tel: (852) 2766 7042|
For information on academic matters, please contact:
|Dr Allen Ng||Tel: (852) 3400 3453|
The Master of Finance (Corporate Finance) (MoF-MCF) programme helps practitioners enhance their professionalism and elevate their intellectual capacity in corporate finance, corporate risk management and related areas.
- A Bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university; or
- A Professional Diploma awarded by the former Hong Kong Polytechnic or the City Polytechnic of Hong Kong.
If you are not a native speaker of English, and your Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification is awarded by institutions where the medium of instruction is not English, you are expected to fulfil the University’s minimum English language requirement for admission purpose. Please refer to the "Admission Requirements" section for details.
We have a quota for admissions. Early applications are strongly encouraged. Suitable candidates may be invited to attend admission interviews.
* For applicants with qualifications obtained in Taiwan, a pass in the High-Intermediate level or above in GEPT may be considered as having fulfilled the English language requirements. Please contact us at email@example.com for details.
- You have to complete 6 Compulsory Subjects (i.e. 18 credits), 4 Elective Subjects (i.e. 12 credits), and 2 Compulsory Capstone Subjects (i.e. 6 credits).
- A total of 36 credits are required for the Master of Corporate Finance award.
- Classes are normally scheduled on weekday evenings and/or Saturday afternoons.
Year One (18 credits)
- AF5115 Accounting for Business Analysis
- AF5312 Principles of Corporate Finance
- AF5341 Economics for Financial Analysis
- AF5343 Quantitative Methods for Finance
- AF5344 Investments
- AF5503 Corporate Governance, Disclosures and Implications
Year Two (18 credits)
Elective Subjects* (any four)
- AF5321 Mergers and Acquisitions
- AF5322 Corporate Risk Management
- AF5346 Entrepreneurial Finance
- AF5347 Financial Analysis and Valuation
- AF5358 International Banking
- AF5932/AF5933 Project # (3 credits / 6 credits)
Compulsory Capstone Subjects
- AF5355 Finance and Strategy
- AF5362 International Financial Management
* In line with the University’s minimum enrolment requirement, not all subjects will be offered each year. Registration is subject to the availability of places.
# The Project can be either 3 credits or 6 credits depending on its scope.