- Professor of Practice
C.K. Cho was one of the original recruits of the Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC), where he investigated corruption, fraud and related offences, working his way up to become a Chief Investigator. Since 1974 he has conducted many complex fraud and corruption investigations, receiving commendations for his outstanding performance.
In 1991, soon after he was qualified as a Barrister of HK and UK, CK was appointed Head of Legal Research and Management Services Unit where he was responsible for designing internal control policies and procedures relating to human resources management, corporate security, personal data privacy and investigation of complaints.
Since retiring from the ICAC in 2000, CK has served as adviser on legal and compliance matters for listed companies in Hong Kong and London. In addition to his providing in-house legal advisory work on general commercial matters, he specializes in fraud investigation, litigation support, corporate governance and crises management.
CK also lectures on business law and company law at Universities in Hong Kong and Mainland China and conducts fraud prevention and detection training for companies and professional organizations in Hong Kong and South Asia including HKICPA, ACCA /Singapore and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
Since January 2017 CK has been appointed a Professor of Practice (Law) in the School of Finance and Accounting Hong Kong Polytechnic University and is responsible for teaching master degree courses in corporate governance and regulatory framework.
- Co-opted member of the captioned Moderation Sub-groups under the Qualification and Examinations Board (“QEB”) of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants for the year 2017
- Training Facilitator, Hong Kong Institute of Directors
- Former Director of Invotech Limited
- Former President of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Hong Kong Chapter
- Barrister, The Honorable Society of Lincoln’s Inn United Kingdom (1989)
- Barrister, The High Court of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (1989)
- Barrister, and Solicitor, Supreme Court of the Australian Capital Territory (1990)
- Barrister, High Court of Australia (1990)
- Former Investment Adviser regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission Hong Kong (December 2002 to July 2003)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (2004)
- Bachelor of Laws (Second Class Honors (Lower Division)) University of London (1988)
- Diploma in Management Studies awarded jointly by The Hong Kong Management Association and Hong Kong Polytechnic (1984)
- Diploma on Practices in Chinese Laws and Regulations Affecting Foreign Business, awarded jointly by the Southwest University of Political Science & Law, China and The Hong Kong Management Association (1987)
- Transfer Examination- From Barrister to Solicitor United Kingdom (1995)
- Certificate in Chinese Law, Fudan University, Shanghai, China (1999)
- Insurance Intermediaries Qualifying Examination Hong Kong (2001)
- Securities Institute Regulatory Paper – Securities Institute United Kingdom (2001) (For Approved Person)
- Certificate in Securities – Paper 2 Securities Institute United Kingdom (2001) (For Approved Person)
- Hong Kong Securities Institute Financial Market Principal Programme Examination. (For appointment to the position of Director of a licensed Investment Adviser Corporation in Hong Kong). (2002)
- The Younger Manager’s Club Scholarship Award (1984) for being the most outstanding student of all the courses in Diploma in Management Studies organized by the Hong Kong Management Association and PolyU during 1974 – 1984.
- Most outstanding student, personnel orientation, Diploma in Management Studies (1984) organized by Hong Kong Management Association and PolyU.
Practical Approach to Prevention and Detection of Fraud
A Guidebook for Internal Control Professionals
By C.K. Cho and Dr. Charles Lau.