- Assistant Professor
|University of Kentucky|
Consulting, Research and Teaching Interests:
- Accounting Quality
- Bank Loan Contracting
Dr. Chong Wang is an Assistant Professor at the School of Accounting & Finance, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). His research interests include accounting quality, banking, bank loan contracting, corruption and climate change risk. His papers have been published in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of International Business Studies, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of International Accounting Research.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Accounting from Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (2007), a Ph.D. in Accounting from Xiamen University (2013) and another Ph.D. in Accounting from University of Kentucky (2017).
- Cross-Country Evidence on the Relationship between Societal Trust and Risk-Taking by Banks, forthcoming, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Do Banks Price Independent Directors’ Attention, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2018, (53)4: 1755-1780
- The Impact of Climate Risk on Firm Performance and Financing Choices: An International Comparison, Journal of International Business Studies, 2018, 49(5):633-656
- Material Weakness in Internal Controls and Stock Price Crash Risk, forthcoming, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance
- Religiosity and the Cost of Debt, Journal of Banking and Finance, 2016, 70:70-85
- Customer Concentration and Tax Avoidance, Journal of Banking and Finance, 2016, 72:184-200
- Religiosity and Earnings Management: International Evidence from the Banking Industry, Journal of Business Ethics, 2015, 132 (2):277-296
- The Effect of Regulatory Benchmarks on Firm Reporting, Journal of International Accounting Research, 2015, 14 (1): 85-107