- Assistant Professor
|University of Kentucky|
Consulting, Research and Teaching Interests:
- Accounting Quality
- Bank Loan Contracting
Dr. Chong Wang is an Assistant Professor at the School of Accounting & Finance, Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU). His research interests include banking, bank loan contracting, accounting quality, and climate change risk. His papers have been published in The Accounting Review, Review of Accounting Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of International Business Studies, Organization Science, Journal of Business Ethics, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance, Journal of Banking and Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of International Accounting Research and Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics.
He graduated with a Bachelor of Accounting from Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (2007), a Ph.D. in Accounting from Xiamen University (2013) and another Ph.D. in Accounting from the University of Kentucky (2017).
- The Real Effects of Risk Disclosures: Evidence from Climate Change Reporting in 10-Ks, Review of Accounting Studies, forthcoming.
- No-Fly Zone in the Loan Office: How CEOs’ Risky Hobbies Affect Credit Stakeholders’ Evaluation of Firms, Organization Science, forthcoming.
- Do Banks Price Firms' Data Breaches, The Accounting Review, 2021, 96(3):261-286.
- Cross-Country Evidence on the Relationship between Societal Trust and Risk-Taking by Banks, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2019, 54(1): 275-301
- Do Banks Price Independent Directors’ Attention, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2018, (53)4: 1755-1780
- The Impact of Climate Risk on Firm Performance and Financing Choices: An International Comparison, Journal of International Business Studies, 2018, 49(5):633-656